About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 14 June 2015

Wedding keepsake card

                                       Warning...Picture heavy post

Hello There !

I was asked to make a wedding card for a friend to send to a couple in Finland. The only instructions I had were that the wedding colours were cream, pink & gold. I also have my mother in laws 90th birthday coming up and wanted to make her something really special.  I`ve seen book cards before on blogs and Pinterest but they seemed a bit complicated and fiddly. Apart from that I didn`t have a clue were to start.
So I googled book cards and in among the business card holders and reference cards I found a tutorial on
Beccy`s blog. Nice and simple and really easy to follow.
I did a quick practice one with some cheap card just to make sure I wasn`t biting off more than I could chew and it was great, although a little smaller than I would have liked. Now maths and engineering are not my thing at all so I`m rather proud of myself for managing to adapt this tutorial to suit my needs.
The original measures approx 20cm x 13cm and mine is 20cm x 16cm. Now I know that sounds really simple but I also had to alter all the bits that make up the inside. Anyway, enough rambling, here is the finished book.

This is the front of the book. It looks like a standard card.

This is the side view.

And the open book.

And this is the main part of the book, decorated to within an inch of it`s life lol
The lacey border also helps to hide the joints.


I`m so pleased with it, especially as it was my first real attempt.
I`m now getting well on with one for Alan`s mum.

Dies from Spellbinders, Romatic Rectangles and Classic Oval
Punch for lace border is by XCut
Backing Papers are Pink Petticoat Brocade
Flowers by Wild Orchid Crafts
Leaf dies are Memory Box

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx


3 comments:

  1. Stunning book card love the beautiful dies and flowers,and well done on altering the sizes-I had one try well three attempts with a lot of huffing and puffing before it ended up in the bin !!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Lynne, you have decorated it beautifully! They make such special cards with an enormous wow factor!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card, you've done an amazing job with it. It's so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.