About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 12 April 2014

Simply Less is More # 167

Hi There,
And it`s saturday again which means it`s time for another challenge at Simply Less is More. It`s one layer week and this time we are SHADOW STAMPING.

Eek! Not something I`ve done before but I thought I`d give it a go. I`ve made two cards but I`m not overly happy with either of them.

My first card looks as though I dropped the stamp after using it.
I embossed a frame with a nestie square die and chalked in different shades of yellow after masking with post its.
I stamped the image, elegant weeds in black Memento and then moved it slightly and stamped again without reinking.
I discovered a tiny speck of ink on the left of the image so I`ve had to cover that with a clear gem and I added a couple more because it would have looked really silly with just one :-)
The sentiment is by Flourishes Tag Lines.

My second cards looks more like retro wallpaper than shadow inking but by now I`ve almost given up the will to live lol.
I stamped the leaf  ( Turning a new leaf by Papertrey inc) first in London Fog and then, after moving the stamp slightly, in New Sprout.
The sentiment is by Layers of Color ( at least that went right)

I`ll not be around after next friday so I wont be able to join in for a couple of weeks as we`re going on our first cruise holiday. Two weeks in the Med and I can`t wait. Still got lots to do though before we go so I`d better get on with it.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx


16 comments:

  1. Two fab cards Lynne xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super cards, your leaf card is particularly lush

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne these are lovely! Enjoy your hols.
    Thank you for playing along this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comment about dropping the stamp made me laugh and as for finding smudges of ink on the card....how many times have I done that? Your rescue is great... as are both your cards. Have a fab time on your cruise. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your cards.
    I've been trying to master this technique with difficulty, I've even started blaming the stamps!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your cards are fantastic especially the first one. I found it tricky too but that's always the case with new techniques. Enjoy your holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant LIM-card! Love the colours and the stamp!
    That technique is one I love to do, that's way I took a step further to challenge myself...and tried to make a real shadow...
    Your second card is also great! What a fine colour and stamp! Have a creative weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both beautiful. I can't choose between them. Have a lovely cruise. You will be invigorated and revving to go when you get back home.
    Cheers, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both lovely Lynne. Have a great holiday!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab cards Lynne, think the first one is my favourite
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely Lynne, I really like the second one...such a delicate leaf!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards -I'm very impressed with the frame in your first card. Have tried this without any success. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two great cards, love them both

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two fabulous cads Lynne I love them both :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.