About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday 10 February 2014

Parisian Romance.

Good Afternoon All!
It`s a cold and frosty day here today but we do have sunshine, yaay. My thoughts go out to those of you in the south of the country where there are terrible floods and no let up from the weather.

Do you sometimes despair at the rate trends change in papercrafting? I often don`t bother with some things, thinking I`ll have no need for them and then, when I get asked for a certain thing I have a heck of a job finding the right stamp or whatever. I was asked by a friend to make a Paris themed Valentine card for her partner last week. Ofcouse I had nothing relating to Paris so had to trawl through dozens of sites to find one and then panic set in incase it didn`t arrive on time. Luckily it arrived on saturday, thank you so much Craft Emporium for your prompt service.

I used the Tim Holtz Paris Memoir set from Stampers Anonymous.
The backing papers are Pink Petticoat 
Swiss dots and Brocade.
I made a tag using a Die-namics die and covered it with 2 papers, 1 from Pink Petticoat Lola Black and pink collection and the other I stamped with the background stamp from the Paris set in London Fog, then tore it at an angle.
I stamped and embossed the Eiffel tower in Versafine black and clear EP then fussy cut it and added it to my tag with foam pads.
I cut a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis circle in white and added a red circle to the centre then stamped and embossed the large Fleur de Lis and fussy cut that too.
I`ve added a red heart shaped gem and some fine black ribbon to the tag to finish.
My friend can`t pick it up until tomorrow so I hope she likes it.

Thanks for popping in..Lynne xxx

2 comments:

  1. Just lovely Lynne - your friend will be delighted with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Lynne and I'm sure your friend loved it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.