About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday 11 July 2013

Silver Wedding Anniversary

Well hello there, I know ...it`s been a long time. Apart from the decorating, whch is now finished, thank goodness, and a few days away in the caravan, my only excuse is that the glorious weather has been far too good to pass up on.
I am back today though with a card. A few weeks ago I was asked by a friend, to make a silver wedding anniversary card for her to give to her husband. Now you know that me and male cards don`t make good buddies but I had to make an effort and this is what I came up with,

The DP is  Pink Petticoat Brocade printed in silver.
I used a Spellbinder Lace Doily Motif die because I didn`t think it was overly feminine.
The Stars were cut out with a X Cut die in silver and white card and the Hearts are made with a Sizzix die.
I added a heart shaped charm to the finished die cuts. The sentiment is PC generated and cut out with a nestie square die and raised with foam pads.
I got some good feedback so I think both were pleased with it :)

Right, still trying to get back into the swing of things and hopefully won`t leave it so long before the next post.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

4 comments:

  1. I guess male cards are hard wothout your flowers lol! This is silver perfection though tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Lynne - so perfect for the occasion. Love the die cut frame and the stars.
    I know exactly what you mean about "male" cards - let's face it, us girlies love using our glitter and flowers don't we!!
    Hope you and yours are well.
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Lynn! Your die cuts and DP look lovely and the heart charm is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous and perfect Lynne!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.