About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 27 October 2012

Less is More # 91

Good Evening All!

Well we were rudely awakened at about 2:00 am by hail and sleet pelting the bedroom window this morning. After snuggling further under the duvet and going swiftly back to sleep I awoke at a normal hour to find my world transformed. White slippery stuff everywhere. The walk to my dads was pretty treacherous especially as part of it is uphill. It keeps having a go too although it`s more sleet than anything else.
And it`s only October. What happened to autumn? Brrr.

I`d like to welcome two new followers, Andrei and Leslie. Thank you for choosing my blog to follow.

Right, on to this weeks challenge at Simply Less is More. We have a sketch this week. Haven`t had many of those,
I had an idea in my head all morning but when I actually made the card it is nothing like I imagined it to be.

Cream hammered card cut to 6x6 square.
I made a frame from brown card and cut 3 apertures using nested squares.
I stamped the leaf ( PTI Turning a New Leaf) in Memento Olive into each of the apertures.
The sentiment is Layers of Color stamped in Versafine Onyx.
I made the flowers from some yellow paper using a daisy punch and a hole punch and brown card for the middles. They are supposed to look a bit Sunflowery-ish.
Not too sure about this one so might have another go later.
Apoligies for the rubbish pic. I`ve tweaked and edited it so much but can`t get it better than it is.

Just a quick note about Ruby.
She has the chicken pox. Poor little love, she was transfered from Hull Royal to Leeds general yesterday evening and is now in isolation. Last night she was given a blood transfusion and is on IV anti biotics and anti virals. Obviously with all the treatment she`s been having they have to keep a special eye on her but at the moment she`s ok. Not well at all but ok.
What a way to spend half term eh.

I`ll keep you up to date with whats happening. Tomorrow there`s another Ross Papercraft Show in Hull so as long as I`m not snowed in, I shall be popping along. Hopefully I`ll get some new goodies and might get inspired to start on some Christmas cards :-))
 Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx


17 comments:

  1. What a cheery card Lynne xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks terrific Lynne...do wish Ruby well, I hope she recovers from this latest setback very soon.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such darling little flowers... sure provided sunshine. And how perfectly the nesties have been punched.
    Sorry that autumn has cheated on you and walked away so quickly. That is English weather, isn't it?
    May your family and Ruby get all the healing energy to handle her illness with strength. I secretly admire your brave outlook.
    Love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cards are always so creative, lynne! love your interpretation of the sketch. so sorry that little ruby has the chicken pox! i hope she get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely cheerful card, very sunflowery/late summer, shame the weather won't co-operate! Love that sentiment stamp, very elegant. Sorry to hear about Ruby, poor thing hope it doesn't set her back too much. Have fun at the papercraft show
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the frame idea. Best wishes to Ruby..

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Ruby. Chickenpox is no fun at the best of times but she could really have done without it. Wishing her a speedy recovery. I love your card Lynne, with those bright flowers - and the photo looks great on my screen! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and try to ignore the snow - it might go away! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card just love the frame idea, very creative. best wishes to you all and hope Ruby recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning card! Love the contrast of the vibrant yellow flowers with the dark brown frame! Hope Ruby will soon be feeling better!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi lyn
    Gorgeous csrd ...
    Hope everyone is well...
    Hugs Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely fresh and pretty design Lynne and your photo is fine!

    I hope Ruby feels better soon.

    No snow here, thank goodness!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cheerful little windows. Ruby remains in my prayers - I can't believe all the ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope ruby is soon better, nice bright card, i think they look like sunflowers hugs ginny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your bright sunny card. Just what we need after our surprise snow fall.


    Hope Ruby is getting better. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous cheerful card. I love the little framed flowers. Best wishes for Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card love the framed flowers so bright and sunny its lovely
    Debbie
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Lynne, aww poor Ruby, sending gentle hugs for her, I do hope she improves very soon :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.