About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 1 April 2012

St Lukes Charity Card Challenge...April and

it`s our 1st Anniversary yippee!

Thank you to all of you that have joined in with us over the last year. We have seen our little challenge grow and grow and we have seen some fantastic cards entered. Here`s to the next 12 months!


Because it`s our anniversary, and because you`re all so special, this month we want you to,
                                                     Bling it on!
Add some sparkle to your creations with gems, glitter, beads or anything shiny.
 
 We have a fabulous prize for the winner of the april challenge,
A rainbow pack of felt sheets
A ribbon girl kit (yellow)
2 packs of antique gold effect embossed stickers
2 packs of assorted flowers
2 sheets of unmounted fairy and flower rubber stamps
a set of Papermania Christmas cling stamps
a Ladybug Crafts Ink Magnum cling stamp
4 packs of seed beads
a bunch of gold pearl sprays
a bunch of iridescent flower sprays
a bunch of gold leaf sprays
and a perfect Bow Maker MkII
 
And here`s my card,
 Not the best piccy I`m afraid, after all the glorious sunshine of the past week we have cloud here in Hull, typical.
I started with a 6x6 card base and used a MS Doily punch along the side edges.
The DP is Papermania Blueberry Hill in beige and blue matted onto some pale blue card.
Now I`ve tried using those stick on swirly gem thingies in the past and I get into all sorts of a mess with them so this time I stamped a swirl from Papertreys Fancy Flourishes set in baby blue onto the DP and stuck individual gems on top of that. I`m rather pleased with this effect.
I finished off with some lace and a piece of blue ribbon. The sentiment is a mix of Layers of Color Happy Wishes and Flourishes Tag Lines stamped in Versafine Onyx and cut out with a nestie labels 4 die matted onto another label 4 in pale blue then added a blue bow to top it off.

Before I go I must apologise for my lack of commenting last month. I have looked at all your entries but there has been so much going on here these last few weeks I have simply run out of time. I promise to do better this month. Thank you.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

9 comments:

  1. Hi lynne
    Gorgeous card ...
    Hope all is well with you
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne - this is so pretty, so beautiful - love the lace edging! Sending you hugs and hoping all is well with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Lynne...love your bling swirl love your touch of lace on and on the edge of your card...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone understands that you have a lot on your plate at the moment Lynne. I love your card - what a pretty lacy number! The comment you left for me made me laugh - we're just the same, always a houseful of waifs and strays! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm I love these yummy colours and lacy edge Lynn ....so glad to see I'm not the only one with the patience of a saint to sit and stick individual gems on a card! the sparkly flourish is wonderful :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Lynne. I love your beautifully created flourish x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect anniversary card - the DP reminds me of vintage china and the swirl bling is GORGEOUS!
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Lynn, you have just reminded me I have those papers too, I must dig them out!
    I love the lacy punched edges and the lovely swirl of bling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. What a stunning card. Love the colour scheme and what a neat bow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.