About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 21 April 2012

Less is More #64 How Charming.

Good Evening to you All!

I must admit to being a bit stumped at this weeks challenge on Less is More. It`s theme week and we have been asked to use a charm on our CaS cards. I`ve come to the conclusion that I`m the only person in the whole of the crafting world that has never put a charm on her cards. I keep looking at them and thinking I ought to buy some but never get round to it. So...what to do...
I did have one thing that could have passed for a charm but it is a bit vintage-y  and won`t really go with CaS.
Then I had a flash of inspiration ( that doesn`t happen very often). A couple of Christmases ago, Alan bought me a bracelet and some charms to put on it and I`ve never got around to taking them to the jewellers to get put on. I`m not really a jewelry person so they`ve been put away in the depths of a cupboard. Anyway I raked them out to see if there was anything I could use and...Eureka!
As soon as I saw this charm a sentiment popped into my head, all I had to do was match it up with a stamp and I was off. This is what I came up with...
and a close up of the charm,
This took all of 15 minutes to make once I knew what I was doing.
The sentiment is computer generated.
The stamp is Inkadinkado Beside the sea (I think) stamped in Versacolor Brown.
I threaded the charm onto some gold cord and thats it, Simples!
I`m really chuffed with this one but I think I`ll be dismantling it and keeping the charm. And I will get round to having them all fitted one day.

One more thing before I go.
Ruby had her operation yesterday. Cheryl was told to ring the hospital on wednesday if they hadn`t heard anything, which she did,and was told to take Ruby in on thursday. She was to have her blood checked again and if it was still low she would have to have another bout of chemo but if it was ok they would operate at lunch time on friday.
Ruby`s blood test came back normal so the op went ahead a little later than planned. Five hours later she was back on the ward and, although a bit groggy, was talking away.
They have removed one of her kidneys and the tumour and the scan she had last week shows that the ones she has in her lungs and stomach have shrunk so the chemo is working. You cannot imagine the relief we all feel right now. We know she has a long way to go and has to endure lots more chemo but she`s getting there.
I knew what was happening when I last posted but decided not to say anything so as not to tempt fate. Now I want to shout from the roof tops. YIPPEE!
Once again thank you all for your positive comments and prayers. I`m convinced they`ve made a massive difference:)

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

41 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Lynn. I love it! xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a superb card Lynne, I hope you're not going to give it away!
    I was so pleased to hear that the news of Ruby is positive! Continued thoughts and prayers for further progress in the coming weeks.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Lynne....thats brilliant news about Ruby...sending you lots of positive vibes and may she continue to get better every day...


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the charm and the image...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely! So pleased for your good news. M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Lynne, the miracles do exist:D, i'm so happy to read your post, I came in in your blog this week and I was waiting your good news:D:D.
    Gorgeous CAS card this stamp is beautiful!!! and your charm...great idea! i put an earring:D in my second card.
    Well done Lynne.
    A warm hug from Palma and you and your family are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad about the great news about Ruby. I hope she'll get better and better every day. *hugs* to her and the family.

    Your card is terrific, the charm goes so well with the image and sentiment!

    much love, Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ho Lyn
    Fabby card ...love it ...
    Hugs sylvie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Lyn
    Just trying Blogger????
    Hugs
    sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news about Ruby, glad things are going tohe correct way. She looks so like my little girl, little sweetheart.
    Your card is lovely Lynne, glad you're fitting it in, it's definately a type of craft therapy,
    Take care and I hope Ruby has a good week,
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card - glad you're going to dismantle it though the charm looks far too posh to put on a card!

    So pleased to hear about Ruby's progress - long may it continue :-D

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great news.....and a fab card.....the charm is beautiful...I do wear jewelry and am so glad you are going to use it...it would make a lovely dainty necklace...and it was perfect for the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you've had such positive news. Fantastic card, the charm is delightful and perfect with the image and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous news Lynne and a wonderful card, love the pearl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Lynne, wonderful news about Ruby. Love your card, totally fab! Continued prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card Lynne and even more Fab news, I am so glad Ruby is going in the right direction. She is added to our daily prayer list.Looking forward to hearing more good news about her over the coming weeks :))
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pleased to hear your good news about Ruby Lynne and I can hear how relieved you are. Wishing her a complete recovery now. I love your card - what an inspiration! The charm works like a... well like a charm! with the image and sentiment. Enjoy your weekend! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh... what a gorgeous card, lynne!! (and i think i would take that beautiful charm off it, too!!) so wonderful to hear good news about ruby... will continue to keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Faulous card Lynne, and even more fabulous news about Ruby! Here's to a full recovery :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your gorgeous card Lynne. Good news about Ruby and wishing her a quick recovery from the operation and for more good news.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is wonderfull. I love it.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely a flash of inspiration Lynne the pearl charm is gorgeous! Wonderful news about Ruby:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  23. My boat charm I used would have fitted nicely on your card LOL- I did buy it to go with a x-s lighthouse, but never did it.
    I was concerned that your charm was going on a card, so glad to read it is only temporary!
    Brilliant news about Ruby I am so pleased for her and all of her family.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous news you must be so relieved.What a clever sentiment to match up with the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful news for you, so glad!
    That charm and sentiment are perfect together
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, Lynne, that's such wonderful news about Ruby! I will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers as she has a ways to go. What an inspiration she is!

    And you, my goodness, how inspired was your card!!! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow Lynne that's fantastic news about Ruby, give her lots of love and cuddles as I'm sure there's loads of us out here who send them :0)
    Oh by the way your card is fab too!!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  28. What great news about Ruby Lynne,you must all feel relieved she has the op over at long last.Will keep her in my thoughts still, she sounds like such a little fighter :)....Oh great card also Lynne, love that super little charm too:) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the charm - your design goes beautifully with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Superb card Lynne, that charm si SO special
    Im thrilled to read such positive new of your Ruby, long may it continue
    Thank you
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  31. Brill take on the challenge and I am so pleased Ruby is doing well. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Lynne, What a relief, I'm so glad that the operation went well:0) Prayers that Ruby continues to do well.
    Your card's wonderful and the charm terribly expensive but really beautiful.
    hugs Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great to hear the news that Ruby is doing better and great take on the challenge, lovely charm x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Lynne

    I am so pleased that everything is heading in the right direction for Ruby. I hope that she is feeling comfortable after her operation. What a brave little soul she is!

    A great card by the way Lynne. Love the image and that must be the most expensive charm for a card in the world. I get a bag full for £1 LOL!!!

    Take care Lynne and have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Lynne,

    What fantastic news about Ruby - I'm so happy and relieved that everything is progressing well. Brilliant!

    Absolutely love your card, it's fabulous! How you thought of this I'll never know!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Lynne! So glad to hear that Ruby is progressing! Hope the family can gets lots of rest so when she's up and about again, they'll be ready for her energy! We have a grandson in the hospital right now. He has Cystic Fibrosis and will probably be there for at least 3 weeks.

    Your card is so lovely! I love the lighthouse image...and the pearl is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is a stunning card and so is the charm

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is AMAZING! I have this lighthouse stamp and haven't found a good color to stamp it in--but this one looks fabulous! What color did you use? And that charm is PERFECT! LOVE this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm so pleased to hear that Ruby is progressing well, Lynne. That's such wonderful news:)
    Your card is fabulous! I love the stamp you used and your charm ties in so well with your image x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Lynne, Poor Ruby. I'm glad her surgery was able to go ahead and that the chemo is working. Such a relief for you all.
    Your card is stunning and the sentiment is perfect with the little charm :) Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.