About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 1 April 2012

Less is More # 61...Lucky Dip

Good Morning All and a Happy Sunday to you!

As yesterday was the 5th saturday in the month, we have a Lucky Dip at Less is More. This time it`s a fabulous inspiration piccy,
My first reaction was to go literal and use my Gerbera daisy stamps but I seem to have used them such a lot just lately. Then I thought, seeing as Easter is only next week I`d use the Lenten Rose set from Flourishes.
This is what I`vecome up with;

I started with a sheet of A4 white card and downloaded a Pink Petticoat Quatrofoil DP in Smoke on the PC.
After cropping the DP and choosing the position of it onto my card I printed it off then cut it to make an A5 tent fold card.
I stamped my image onto another piece of white card and coloured it with markers then cut it out.
The image is raised with foam pads.
The sentiment is a new one for me that I recieved from my lovely friend and blog buddy Tara  
to celebrate our 1st anniversary at St Lukes Charity Card Challenge. It`s from a sentiment set from There She Goes, stamped in versafine Onyx

We have finally set a date for daughter Angie to have her head shaved, 14th April, so only a couple of weeks.
She isn`t going completely bald ha ha, but is having a very short buzz cut ( no 2).
Photographs will be posted before, during and after.
Ruby continues to do well although she had a triple dose of chemo on Monday and was a bit off colour on tuesday. Next week she has another dose of chemo on monday followed by a scan on wedneday so we all have everything crossed in anticipation. And then the following week is her operation to remove the kidney and tumour.
We are all still feeling very positive about the outcome but ofcourse there`s always that element of doubt at the back of your mind. Thank you all once again for the lovely comments, Ruby`s mum and dad read them all and take great comfort from them.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

 

20 comments:

  1. Hola Lynne, fantastic card for spring time, in Spain we have these roses too:D, beautiful colouring:D.
    Good news about Ruby, a little bit tense situation before an operation, i understand you, but the mind need always to be positive...i have the date in my personal calendar...the sentiment in my card this week is "Plant your dreams and the miracles will grow", i wish the best for your family and for Ruby.
    An spring hug from palma and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers Lynne and I love the border. Sending best wishes to all the family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne

    Hope you & your family are doing well hun..sending my love to you all!!
    Your card is absolutely stunning..
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Lynne and beautiful colouring on your flowers.....pleased to hear Ruby is still doing well...love to her and her family...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card Lynne that DP looks great printed directly like that.
    Great Job.
    It's good to know that your whole family is staying positive and all good wishes continue for Ruby's total recovery!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Lynne. I love how you raised your flowers of the card.
    My thoughts are with you all...especially little Ruby. Sending love and best wishes to everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Lynne - and fingers are well and truly crossed here. Big hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Lynne. Here's hoping all goes well with Ruby's operation and she'll be bouncing back very soon.
    Hugs Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card again Lynne & thinking of Ruby too of course :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...what a gorgeous card, lynne!! your coloring of the roses is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card Lynne - everything perfectly placed and those lenten roses gorgeously coloured. Never underestimate the power of positive thinking Lynne. All the very best wishes for Ruby and for you all. Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the on trend quatrofoil paper - your card is stunning. Best wishes for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Lynne, love it.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad Ruby is doing well despite the awful chemo side effects.

    So glad you put the stamps to such good use so quickly too. I am a bit of a TSG fan! The card is just gorgeous - very clever digital dp cropping too.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful flowers and a lovely elegant card. I know I've never met you but I'm praying for Ruby's recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Lynne
    Continued well wishes to Ruby
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful, Lynne. Your coloring is gorgeous and I love your layout. Sending prayers and positive thoughts across the ocean for little Ruby! Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card - good luck with the fund raising too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful card. The flowers are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you made this card, Lynne! And lots of positive energy to Ruby and the whole family. With so many people pulling for her, everything will be successful! I'm crossing everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.