About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 18 December 2011

Less is More wk 46 Music

Hello All!
Phew, I`m a bit earlier this week with my entry for Less is More which is theme week.
                                                    
                                                                    MUSIC

My card is a bit of a long shot today. After searching through my stamps, the only other music related one I have is Rock Star which I used a few weeks ago. Then I found this one by Chocolate Baroque that I`ve had for ages and never inked up. Actually, looking at it, it would have been better for the Silhouette week which I used Rock Star on then I would have had a proper music stamp to use. Doh!
Anyway enough of my wittering, here is my card.
 It`s also a bit more than less.
I figured that there`s no nicer sound than birdsong first thing in a morning, especially blackbirds, and as it is music to my ears ( really pushing it now lol) I would use this stamp.
I had some music already printed off that I`d found somewhere on the net so I matted it onto some yellow card.
I chalked the background first with yellow and pink chalk then stamped over it using Versafine onyx black.
The image is raised using foam pads. I haven`t bothered with a sentiment on this one because I`m not sure who or what I`ll use it for yet....
Made a pleasant change from Christmas cards.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

28 comments:

  1. It's a very pretty card - of course there's nothing to stop you entering again using your Rock Star set ........ I've used the same stamp more than once for LIM entries

    Seasons Greetings

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what we can find in our craft spaces eh Lynne!
    I love that silhouette image, it works perfectly with the music background
    Whilst we haven't loads of white space,it;s a stunning card
    Thanks as always and for your comment on my personal blog
    Mandi "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie love the music on this really effective hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever . .. I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this stamp set and think I used it once! Like the 'dawn' colours you've used here Lynne, think this is a really nice card! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Lynn, love that background!
    Great CAS design.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful image and fab card, love the colouring
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Lynne love the stamp

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colour- and the card of course ! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you came up with this stamp - you are absolutely right about birdsong - there isn't ant better "music"

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooohhh... fantastic card, lynne!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like a blackbird's song first thing in the morning, too! (Unless it's singing in the tree outside the house and I'm having a lie-in - they are very loud! lol!) What a lovely, atmospheric card!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola Lynne, this stamp is gorgeous, the background look really beautiful, well done Lynne.
    A christmas hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynne, lovely, fabulous background and I adore the image and colour on the topper! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynne - this is fabulous! I love the splash of yellow and the soft chalking behind the silhouette is really lovely! So glad you found this stamp in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lynne this is beautiful and the yellow really looks good
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is simply gorgeous - the dawn chorus is certainly musical!
    Love the inking you've done.
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another fab card Lynne, Happy Christmas :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you've used the music background, and the silhouette image is perfect with it. I'm glad I'm finally finished with the Christmas cards too. Got them in the mail last Friday. Now I can start making the gazillion birthday cards I need all year! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lynne, this is gorgeous and so is your snow card from last week. Both are so fresh and elegant. Love them!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Dawn Chorus stamp and such nice colours. A fab "general" card, very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Arrr, love the non Christmas design Lynne!
    The Dawn Chorus is the perfect link to music....roll on those mornings when you can hear the birds singing:)
    Have a great Christmas :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the the layout of this card and I enjoyed making a non-Christmas card this week too. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't think you could get much more musical than this lovely card Lynne! Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas, love Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card, Lynne. I enjoyed taking a break from Christmas card making, too! :) Merry Christmas to you. Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card, love the image. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.