About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday 5 December 2011

Less is More wk 44 card 2

Hello All!,
Brrr, it`s rather chilly today. I walked to work in frost this morning but coming home was bright sunshine. Still freezing but sunny. So why then, as soon as I came up to photograph my card the sky turned black and we got rain. And I thought I was indecisive...
It occured to me yesterday that I hadn`t made my Dad a Christmas card yet so I thought I`d take advantage of this weeks colour challenge at Less is More which is to use Green.
Naturally he didn`t want cute or frilly so I`ve tried to go a bit masculine with this one. I`m quite pleased with it.
Now I`ve mastered the art of embossing with dies I`m rather partial to this type of card, paricularly for male cards
Really quick and simple. I embossed a Nestie rectangle onto the front of a 5x5 card, masked it off using post its and used different shades of green chalk and a sponge for the background.
I stamped the holly corner from Chocolate Baroque in clear embossing ink and heat embossed it using evergreen EP. I`ve added some tiny red gems for the berries.
The sentiment is computer generated.
On the photo it looks as if theres a smudge along the top but I can`t see it IRL.
Thank you all for the lovely comments on yesterdays post. I`m pleased I`m not the only one falling to bits lol.
Right, I`m going downstairs now to defrost.
Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

20 comments:

  1. Wow this looks great Lynne ! I just adore the embossing and the lovely green background. The holly sets it off nicely too, well done agin.Brrr it's cold here too, hope we don't get snow yet as my son moves house on Thurs. :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely one Lynne... I did quite a few on my personal blog this time!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lynne! Love the embossing and fab inky background :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lynn, really elegant.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne

    I'm not surprised you are pleased with your card for your Dad .. .. it is lovely!

    A great finished look.

    Love the embossing and the tiny red berries.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is winter here?? Feels like it! Lovely card Lynne - I had it in my mind to do a bit of masking and sponging too - tried three times and each time I smudged it so the bin is full!!
    Your Dad will love this I'm sure - great job. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Lynne! Love it! Your snowy blog background looks fab too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background really sets off the holly, a great Man's card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Lynne. Like your new blog background- very festive looking. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Lynne. Great masculine card for Christmas. I love the font you used!

    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card Lynne
    That's a lovely shade of green

    Thank you so much
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just my kind of thing Lynne - Love the holly on the inked background and I love the embossing! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful card Lynne!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooo another fab inky background and embossed frame Lynn, the holly sprig look just at home nestled in the corner :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card, love the background and embossing
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lynne, this is stunning, perfect OLC and CAS, ideal for a man too, bet your Dad will love it Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. Made almost perfectly. Congratulations to the idea and execution.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card Lynne-I love the font you used.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just gorgeous - love the flourish used

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.