About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday 28 November 2011

Less is More...A Bit of Bling.

Hello folks.
Can I start by saying massive apologies for being MIA all last week. Work has been mega busy in the run up to Christmas and then ofcourse it was Alan`s birthday on Wednesday and mine on friday so we`ve had lots of visitors and time has just whizzed by. Lame excuse I know and I am sorry.

This week on Less is More is a theme.
This should have been a breeze but my mojo has done a runner. This is the third card I`ve made and the only one I`m remotely happy with. Not only that but it`s a rubbish piccy as well. The lights bad and no amount of fiddling with the photo editing has made it any better.
Really simple OLC.
The sentiment is by Papermania Silent Night set stamped in Versacolor Cyan and embossed in clear EP.
The snow flakes are a mixture of Inkadinkado and Anita`s stamped in Versacolor Heliotrope, Orchid and Mint also embossed in clear EP and I`ve added a gem to the middles.
It does look so much better IRL and I didn`t want to miss a week.

As I said it was my birthday on friday and I recieved some fabulous cards from the design team girls at St Lukes Charity Card Challenge. As soon as I get time I`ll take a piccy and show them, they are all gorgeous. What a fab bunch you all are.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lynne - the light played havoc with my camera too ... note i said the camera and not the photogrpaher!! LOL Love the different coloured inks you've used for the snowflakes and belated birthday greetings! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how bright and cheerful this is Lynne! Hope your birthday was loads of fun! BTW...I think your mojo is just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The choice of colours is fab. Lynne, and I love the ornate sentiment.

    The light has been pretty bad here today too - it takes almost as long to get a good photo as it does to make the card!
    Happy belated birthday to you and hubby - hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday for last week Lynn, hope you were spoilt rotten! Gorgeous card, love the colourful snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these non traditional snowflakes! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bling card Lynne....lovely snowflakes.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is so pretty and delicate.
    Belated happy birthday Lynne.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card Lynne!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynn, glad you enjoyed your birthday weekend :)
    Sweet card, love the pretty pastels. Your mojo's not far away it's just this stressful time of year...I have the same problem some days :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. o pretty Lynne
    id have done a black sentiment, cos I love black with pastel..oh that ISN'T a criticism whatsoever, just speaking out loud

    It looks fabulous!
    Thank you as always
    manid LIM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colour combo Lynne and the fancy font:) Belated birthday wishes
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you Lynne.

    Love your colourful snowflake card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gentle colors! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynne - sounds like it's been a manic week! Glad you got the card okay and had a good birthday.

    I really like this card; soft pastel colours and a touch of bling - very elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colours you've used for this card Lynne - really funky. Happy birthday to you both - hope you've had fun partying away...! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LYYNE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU. Hola Lynne, i'm glad to see you:D.
    a really diffetent christmas card, i love it, very bright and funny, very original Lynne, and the sentiment stamp is beautiful!!!
    I think you're very harsh with youself.
    A hug from Palma and take care

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lynne, glad you had a good birthday. Your card is lovely, all the different colours look fab.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is beautiful, Lynne! Love the pastel colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Belated Happy Birthday Lynne! Hope you had a lovely day.

    Your card is gorgeous! I love the colours you've used for the snowflakes. A very modern and stylish design. I'll have a box of 12 please, lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely snowflakes, glorious colours Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. HI Lynne, Belated Happy Birthday to you!! I hope you had a great time both you and hubby:0)Wonderful card, don't be so hard on yourself, it's lovely, such pretty colours and snowflakes! I hope this week is a little quieter for you, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.