About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 6 November 2011

Less is More # 40

Hello folks!
The theme for this weeks challenge at Less is More is Bonfire Night. In the UK, the 5th November is the night we commemorate Guy Fawkes and his pals trying to blow up the Houses of Parliament. We have huge bonfire parties and fireworks galore. So, as this week is a colour week we are asked to use Red and Orange to represent flames and fireworks. Yippee think me, my favourite colours all on one card. If only my mojo hadn`t gone into hibernation.
Here is what I came up with, I`m sure there`ll be more to follow.
I`m not 100% happy with it but then, when am I? lol.
I randomly stamped Waltzing Mouse Big Blooms Chrysanthemums in orange, marigold and magenta onto a strip of paper then matted it onto some orange card. Punched one edge with a Fiskars punch and left a thin border on the other edge.
I`ve added a Martha Stewart punched butterfly in red card.
The sentiment is from 2 different stamp sets, the birthday is Layers of Color and the wishes is Waltzing Mouse.
I`m hoping to finish another one today but the way things are going don`t hold your breath.

As you know I changed my hours at work from afternoons to mornings with the hope that I would have more time to spare. No chance. The shop has been really busy so I have been given extra hours, which I must admit have come in very handy but I`ve been so tired that crafting has taken a back seat. I used to `Do` for my dad on a wednesday morning and that has had to change to a saturday which means I`m now working a 6 day week. It`s only until the Christmas rush is over and then, hopefully I`ll get a day off during the week and I`m sure that once I get into the swing of things I`ll be able to organise myself better but in the meantime my posts might be a bit eratic. Sorry about that.

Thanks for popping in ...Lynne xxx

20 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, I love it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super job Lynne!
    Great colours.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious colours Lynne - absolutely gorgeous card!
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Lynne, it works really well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Lynne a beautiful stamp used to great effect! Hope you don't get too exhausted, this time of year is tiring anyway:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a gorgeous card!!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one fabulous card Lynne, I seriously cannot imagine why you're not over the moon with this one, I love it:0) I hope you get some more crafty time, I'd not like having to work 6 days a week, not fair:{
    Thanks for the commiserations LOL Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Lynn, the burst of colour is great on the strip :)
    Sorry life is so hectic for you at the moment... what are we all like, rushing around because of one day in December!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh what lovely vibrant colours, chrysanths are very autumn aren't they. Hope your work/craft balance settles down soon:)
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. a beatiful card, lynne... your mojo seems perfectly intact to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card...beautiful use of the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Lynne....gorgeous colours..


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gorgeous card Lynne, fab stamp
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun, happy card. Love the burst of colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't you just hate it when work gets in the way of crafting time?!!
    This is a gorgeous card Lynne. I love the stamped panel.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lynne

    Just when you thought you were going to get more time!!! Never mind .. at least you can see that your hours will drop eventually.

    Your card is lovely. Gorgeous colours and the butterfuly is the perfect finishing touch.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab vibrant colours put together perfectly! Love the butterfly. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card! I love how you've used stamps such as these to create your own DP!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Lynne. Love those flowers and the wonderful layout.

    Sorry to hear work is cutting into your crafting time. I know the feeling. :( Hopefully the added hours will result in more pin money for crafting. :)

    Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're always so hard on yourself - this is just stunning! You could enter it into CASual Friday too as your butterfly goes off the edge.
    Don't work too hard!
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.