About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 1 October 2011

St Lukes Charity Card Challenge... October

Good Morning All!
Well the calendar says it`s the 1st of October but looking out the window this morning I think we could all have mistaken it for July. Yet another glorious day ahead, make the most of it peeps `cos it sure won`t last lol.
As it`s the 1st of October it also means a brand new month for St Lukes Charity Card Challenge.
This month it`s...Lets Hear It For The Boys.
Uh oh I can hear you all groaning from here lol. Actually it`s a nice easy one, any image for any boy of any age or any occasion- just make it masculine.
There`s another amazing prize for our October winner too from Craftie Charlie. Just look at all this,

My Mind's Eye Limited Edition 6x6 Double Sided Paper Pad - Dwell
East of India Pale Pink Ric Rac
Inkadinkado Mini Stamp - Thanks
Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop - New Sprout
Ranger Liquid Pearls - White Opal
K&Co Glitter Chipboard Alphabet - Smitten
K&Co Amy Butler Lotus Embellishment Jars
Creative Expressions Decorative Pins - Cream Pearl


Wowsers! Such a pity I can`t enter :(
Something a bit different from my usual style.
I started with a pale blue A5 base card.
Ran some Kraft card through the Bug using a Craft Concepts Woodgrain EF.
The image is by Rubbadubbadoo and is from a set called Men at Work, coloured with Promarkers and watercolour pencils.
I cut the image out with a nestie circle and matted that onto a rectangle in dark blue that was cut with a nestie rectangle die, placed at an angle.
No sentiment so it can be used for anyone or any occasion.
I love this image as it reminds me so much of my OH. The countless hours he`s spent tinkering with engines and trying to get old bangers to even start let alone move. His dad was just the same and they were never happier than when they were covered in oil and muck. Usually while wearing a decent, clean tee shirt (sigh).
Alan still mourns the day car engines became computerised.

So that`s the challenge for this month and I just know you are going to astound us with your creativity. Don`t forget you can also donate your cards ( and others you may have) to the St Lukes Hospice. The address to send them to is on the sidebar of the main blog. And please check out the other DT members designs too.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

6 comments:

  1. I love your entry this month Lynne - it so reminds me or my OH - he always manages to hit his head when he's doing DIY. I love the embossed kraft too - must look out for that folder.
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHat a great card and brilliant image...
    and yes it is a pity we cant enter this months challenge as its such a great prize

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Lynn, the stamp is just perfect :)
    Yep the days of tinkering with engines are saved for the classic car lovers!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just wonderful - the image is such fun and beautifully coloured. It really made me laugh - but it's not something we're familiar with - we take our car to the garage!! I do like the embossing here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This image made me smile - my father and brother were always to be found in this position too! I mourn the day cars engines became computerised too - when they go wrong there's not a thing you can do until the new circuit board turns up! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab, fab, fab!! Love this Lynne! Love your new blog look too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.