About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 23 October 2011

Less is More wk #38 Polka Dots

Good afternoon all!.
Well my plan to change my hours at work to give me more free time seems to have backfired on me. All was going so well until thursday when my son, who is still off work with his bad leg and bored silly, decided that seeing as I had a free afternoon,would visit me. All very nice and I love to see him but then he wanted his old pc tower bringing down from the loft so he could put all his music from there onto disc. Ofcourse that meant he had to borrow my screen and speakers which meant me taking it all apart and carrying it down because he can`t get up the ladders with his leg brace on. This also meant that I couldn`t get onto my PC to download piccies. On top of that he brought a bag load of washing for me to do because his in laws was out of action. It`s a good job I love him to bits.
Then on friday one of the afternoon staff rang in sick so I was asked to work a double shift.I must admit the money will come in very handy but, golly was I tired? Eight hours of standing in the same position is not good for my back lol.
So, after a slow start and the rebuilding of my PC I finally got around to making a card for this weeks
Less is More Challenge which is to use Polka Dots.
I love polkadots so it wasn`t really a challenge for me. I did finish it last night but then wasn`t happy with my flower so I`ve had to change it this morning which is why I`m so late posting.

Really simple card. 5x5 white card base. The dotty DP is Pinkpetticoat matted onto bright pink card and punched along the bottom.
The leaf die is by Marrianne designs in black card.
The flower is bright pink card, cut out with nestie scallop circle die then run through the corrugater a few times to weaken it and seperated into 2 pieces, then embossed with the swiss dots folder. All held together with a brad. I didn`t have a black brad so I coloured a pink one with a permanant marker.
The sentiment is by Layers of Colour stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.
And there you have it.
It`s flippin` freezing in the loft today so I`m off for a coffee and a warm up. Catch up with you all soon.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

38 comments:

  1. That is a stunning card Lynne.... Love the flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stylish colour combo and that flower is out of this world. Love the polkas.

    And what a swell piccie.
    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delicious, love the colours the stamp & Flower Gorgeous xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lynne, this is gorgeous. Elegant too and I really like the bright pink flower against the black. Really fabulous.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lynne this is gorgeous!! Love the flower and the leaf die is so striking:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your card my favourite colour combo as they are so striking together K xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Lynne, what beautiful card, i love your rose, perfect combo colours, well done Lynne.
    A hug from Palma and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card - very striking

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty colours and lovely polkas, gorgeous card Lynne. Hope your son recovers quickly! No wonder you're tired phew what a weekend!:0) Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic card love the colours especially x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow, wow!!! Absolutely stunning Lynne!!!

    I always plan loads of craft time when I'm off work but it never works out, lol!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty colors! A beautiful flower! Great polka dot work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply gorgeous - love the colour combo and the big wonderful flower :-D

    Hope you get more time for crafting this week!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning card Lynne, great colour and love the foliage. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful Lynne!
    I really love this one.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love black & pink& that flower is gorgeous!
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, love the pink and black
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very stylish Lynn, the flower is gorgeous in that bright fuschia pink :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi LYN
    Fabulous card lyn....
    hugs sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lynne, if this one doesn't win, I'll eat my hat! Stunningly gorgeous card :-)

    Beth. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your gorgeous card Lynn.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card Lynne! Love these colours together, so striking!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just so classy Lynne! Sons... aren't they brilliant?!! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous Lynne, love the flower. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  25. very elegant! Love the swirl and flower, so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow-stunning card Lynne. Love that sentiment stamp.
    Lynnx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous. Love that beautiful pink with the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh! I love this card! The colors, the font, the spiky leaves and the beautiful flower come together so well on the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So elegant Lynne, love it!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  30. a super design & I just love those dotty papers. Pink & black go so well together don't they?
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful card - I love the dramatic black and pink and the elegant rose with lovely fern like leaves! Superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is goregous, I love the colours and that flower is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the colours and card just fab Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow Lynne - this is fabulous and feminine - love the colour combination, the lush flower and the leaves. (and the dots of course)! Superb!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh Lynne this one faby car!, just love that flower and now I think I NEED that leaf die ( darn it), been trying to resist it for ages.Oh dear you have been busy this week, hope the rest goes easier for you now :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Once again a stunning card Lynne.
    Love the flower, think I might have to give this technique a go with the crimper.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is gorgeous Lynne. I love you're done your flower and the sentiment stamp is beautiful. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just so gorgeous! Very stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.