About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 15 October 2011

Less is More wk 37...Cocktails


Good afternoon all!
By heck, what a challenge the Diva`s have set for us this week at Less is More. 
                                                                Cocktails.


Since I`ve been playing along regularly with this challenge I`ve begun to realise some things about myself and Chrissie and Mandi have given us a link to a site that tells us about our personalities by our name. Well I clicked on it 3 times and it said different things each time and non of it relates to me, I`ll explain why...
When I first saw this weeks challenge I wasn`t sure I had a cocktail glass stamp or not so I thought I`d google cocktail names and recipes to see if I did have anything I could use as a play on words. Now I already know that I am the most UNsophisticated person in blogland and probably the most unworldly,apart from the odd gin sling or martini and lemonade, I just don`t do cocktails. Having said that, we once went back back to a friends house after a night out and she showed us her cocktail making skills. Trouble was I drank so many of them I can`t remember what they were, can`t really remember getting home either lol. Anyway, I digress, there I am reading through the names of cocktails and I have to admit to being shocked at some of the names. I mean, how do you go up to a cocktail waiter and ask for a...no, sorry, might get chucked off blogger.Lol.
So I`ve made my own version of the little quiz thingy,

 1 part unsophisticated
2 parts unworldly
3 parts prude

Put your slippers on and enjoy a cup of coffee instead.

All joking aside some of them really did make me blush. So I decided I`d go with the Little Black Dress look and made this card.

After all that slack jawed shock and blushing,I found I did have a cocktail stamp afterall. It`s by Papermania and is from the Joyeux Noel collection.
Stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, I added a sentiment from Papermania Chatsworth set and cut out with a nestie oval die.
I cut a strip of white card the same width as my base card, matted it onto some black paper and added a ribbon and bow.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx








37 comments:

  1. Looks totally sophisticated Lynne.
    I think the most risqué sounding cocktail I've had was Sex on the Beach... not that I'd know if it compared with the real thing!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Lynne...dear Lynne i think you make always sophisticate cards and i think this is a reflect of your personality:D.
    so elegant card Lynne as ever.
    A hug from Palma and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant, love the black and white. I think I know the one you're talking about and yes I too would be embarrassed to ask for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee hee! Love your little tale of research! I can just imagine what you found to make you blush . . . especially one 2-word title starting with Screaming . . . .!

    Classy card hon.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sweetie, elegant..

    Where did you get the big pebbles from hun?

    Have a fab weekend hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post really made me giggle! Love your sophisticated take on the challenge - it's so you - your quiz thingy should definately have included 3 parts elegance!
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much i shall get Lee to have a look trouble is he is pants at looking unless it is for football shirts he can find them ok!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Lynne - very stylish (your post made me laugh too!)
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  9. so elegant, lynne!! love the crisp black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it Lynn! A very sophisticated card! You did make me laugh.
    xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. very elegant card, love the black ribbin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab and very sophisticated card.

    I clicked on the cocktail thing and it told me my cocktail was 2 parts DIFANCE - and I've no idea what that means!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I know those names Lynne!! lol
    Superb card, elegant and chic
    Thank you
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I was planning on looking some up but I'm not sure if I'll bother now! Your card is beautifully elegant as always Lynne. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL your cocktail evening must have been fun if you can't remember it! What a very elegant card
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol, I must go and have a look - bet I'll be blushing in 20 seconds flat!! For someone unsophisticated you don't half make THE most sophisticated cards I see in blogland! This is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've had a look Lynne and I see what you mean!!! I'll stick to my glass of diet Pepsi! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lynne, you made me smile, yes there are some way out there names for cocktails these days!

    I am a firm believer that as you get older, you really do get more comfortable in your own skin and it's OK to just be YOU, I wish I had that wisdom in my youth.

    I love the elegant creation you've come up with.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lynne

    A fabulous card and a great post alongside it too .. .. you really made me smile.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very sophisticated card - simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your post did make me laugh Lynne. I love those glasses and the LBD look is divine.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just an awesomely sophisticated stunningly perfect card Lynne (just like me - LOL) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Lynne - this made me laugh!! I love your take on the Cocktail personality ;) Your card is very elegant, very sophisticated! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Classy black and white card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very elegant card and love that stamps think I might have to look for them ! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes. I'm still blushing at some of those names too!! Lovely elegant and sophisticated card xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very elegant card Lynne, your post did make me laugh though. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know what you mean about the names of the cocktails Lynne lol, bet my daughter would order them though no problem!just love this card Lynne, very sophisticated as always too :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. A very classy and elegant card. I love it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think perhaps you and I are in the same league with being unsophisticated. I know nothing about cocktails...what's in them or how they're made. I went a totally different direction and made a "cocktail" dress. This challenge stumped me more than most. I think your card is super sophisticated, elegant, and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glass in a glass, this is very stylish. Your photo's are allways so good as well. Thanks for the blog, really cheared me up, best cocktail I ever had was a B52, no idea what was in it but at least I dare ask for it at a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The only cocktail I've ever had was a "Fluffy Duck" and that has to be at least 25 years ago. I'm not much of a drinker! Your card is very elegant - love the black and white,
    Sandy

    You can view my card here

    ReplyDelete
  33. For unsophisticated, you always do sophisticated cards, in fact this is stunning.
    Love your story about you 'cocktail' night!
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh this is so sophisticated Lynn, I love the monochrome treatment :)
    Pssst....I'm not a cocktail girl either, give me a cider anyday!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow just love it!!!! Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.