About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 16 October 2011

CR84FN #40

Hello Everyone.
I hope you`re enjoying your sunday. It`s certainly got a bit nippier in my neck of the woods but still a lovely bright day. Don`t think it`s going to last much longer though(sigh).
I thought I`d share my entry for this fortnights cr84fn Challenge with you today.
This is the inspiration we have been given and a colour pallette of Red, Kraft and Brown.
I`ve used a brown base card (5x5) and matted a script paper from Pink Petticoat onto it.
My Poinsettia is from Creative Stamping and is a Mandalla stamp. I stamped the image 4 times in Cranberry ink onto red card and cut it out, decreasing the petals each time then built it up using foam pads.

This pic shows the depth of the flower afterwards. I gently curled the petals with my fingers beforehand. Some yellow flatback pearls have been added to the centre.
I cut a strip of Kraft card, stamped my sentiment from Anita`s in Versafine Onyx Black, matted onto some brown card and cut it leaving a slim border.
I`m rather pleased with this one. Quite a simple card but with a bit of POP.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

18 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Lynne, that poinsettia is gorgeous, such depth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just BRILLIANT. I love it.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is so striking Lynne! It looks like it belongs in a posh box from M&S! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne - a wonderful poinsettia - so full of depth. Love the scripty background! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layers and great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pop hey lolololol... I love this honey i love these flowers, do you know i get one every year and its gone within a week, this is gorgeous hun hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Lynne, how creative and so beautifully done! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!! Please take a look on my Blogspot.
    Hugs from Marina.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh lovely Lynne! I love the pop of the poinsettia against your neutral background. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right, it really does pop! I love the Clean and simple style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! What a stunning Poinsettia! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Lynne.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your poinsettia is just lovely! Very nice card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should be pleased with it Lynne .. .. it is gorgeous.

    Love the red popping out on that script background.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty Lynne!! The poinsettia is lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card. Fab bg paper and I LOVE that gorgeous poinsettia! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous card Lynne. Stunning flower. Love your little snippet card too.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning Christmas card Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.