About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Classy Christmas Trio

Good Evening All!  
I`ve been stalking  catching up with Sharon Johnson on her blog No Time To Stamp? for a very long time, long before I ever had my own blog. I love her simple style and her use of papers and ribbons. In fact I`m convinced that it is because of Sharon that I started using ribbons on my own cards. If you think my bows are good, you really want to see hers...oh and the ribbons she uses are devine. Sharon has her own ribbon store too with a fabulous selection.
Anyway, the point I`m trying to get to  is that Sharon and some of her blogging friends have been having a " 12 days of Christmas" blog feast this last week or so. On monday (24th) Sharon showed a trio off beautiful CaS cards that I asked if I could CASE. Here is my take on Sharons cards,
Now I know when CASing that you are supposed to change the look of the card, and I have, obviously, used different papers and a different text stamp but these are so simple that, that is all that can be altered really. Apart from that, it was the layout of the cards that appealed to me.
This one uses a beautiful gold foiled paper with cranberry stripes. I`ve matted it onto gold mirror card, leaving a border along the edge. The sentiment is by Anita`s, stamped in Cranberry ink and embossed in clear EP then cut out with a nestie rectangle.


This one uses paper from the same pack ( Papermania SilentNight Collection) in cranberry and muted green. Also matted onto gold mirror card.
Finally, from the same pack is this stylised poinsettia which is raised and slightly glittered, again matted onto gold.
All of these cards are perfect for mass producing and are very quick and easy to make. I think these are the one`s I`ll be sending out to the neighbours this year.
I`ll be back tomorrow with some of the same but made with very different papers.

Thanks forpopping in...Lynne xxx
           

11 comments:

  1. Simple, stylish and elegant! (like me!!! LOL... well the simple bit anyway.......) Great set of cards Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, these are spot on Lynne! Very clean and stylish - lovely!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards Lynne! thanks for the link to Sharon's blog her cards are amazing and you have cased the beautifully:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant! The layout is so simple yet so chic!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully made for both Christmas and new year.

    Hotel Key Card
    Plastic gift card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are simple and at that time very beautiful. Really love the colors of the christmas cards.
    and ha. please do check out my cards at www.eigth.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are really yummy Lynne - so simple but soooo effective!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely take! Such rich papers. And the sentiments look awesome.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant set of cards. You've been busy!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are super simple and so neat, love the papers :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.