About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Friday 1 July 2011

St Lukes Charity Card Chalenge July

I can`t believe it`s July already. Where is the time going? Ofcourse a new month means a new challenge at St Lukes Charity Card Challenge. We had 40, yes 40 fantastic entries last month. Thank you all so much and keep up the good work.

This month is an easy peasy one (aren`t they all). We want you to send us a card using Black and White + one and only one, other colour of your choice. Your card can be any style, size or shape you wish. I can`t wait to see your fabulous designs.
Here is my card,

I seem to be a bit obsessed with this shade of blue at the moment but for me, a predominantly black and white card needs a vibrant colour, bright blue, hot pink or bright green. I used hot pink on my Less is More card and last time I made a green flower it reminded me of a cabbage (or maybe a lettuce) so bright blue it is.
The DP is Pink Petticoats Perfect Papers range.
The sentiment is Personal Impressions stamped in black inside a Waltzing Mouse Vintage Labels stamp in Bahama Blue and cut out with a nestie.
The ribbon is from a local haberdashery store and the flower is made from card from Papermill direct.

My daughters MiL Linda died of cancer last Sunday and although she wasn`t in a hospice,that would have been the next step I think. Most of us have seen first hand the wonderful care that is given to terminally ill patients in hospices around the world . In the UK they all rely on charitable donations so this challenge is invaluable to the St Lukes Hospice. Please keep joining us and sending your cards to sell to raise funds.
Pop over to the St Lukes blog and see the other DT cards to inspire you. Thank you.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

12 comments:

  1. Oh Lynne - this is so elegant. I adore the backing paper, and you're right - the bright blue is perfect on the black and white! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Lynne - it's beautiful - especially the shade of blue but then I would say that wouldn't I ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shade of blue, a beautiful card,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne your card is gorgeous just love that blue. Love how you have put your flower in the ribbon stunning

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful card. I'll be joining in with the challenge again this month.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie, this is stunning that flower looks anazing and your ribbon is lush, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card, and I love that blue as well. The style is striking but for some reason I can't achieve this, I've tried and failed.
    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Lynne! Love the bright blue and fab frame :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and elegant as usual Lynne. I agree, you need a bright colour with black and white. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh fabulous Lynne - and we get a bow AND a flower this week! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG...Lynne!! Its absolutely stunning and love the gorgeous colours..yummy flower too :D
    Sorry to hear of your daughters loss hunni!
    Have a good weekend!!
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.