About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Friday 29 April 2011

One Layer Wednesday # 51

Hello and a Happy Friday to you all!

I`m later than I intended to post this today. My boss gave me the day off today for some reason and although I am an old cynic and had every intention of not watching the gathering of the most dysfunctional family in Britain, I got sucked in and watched most of the goings on. Well I had to see what everyone was wearing didn`t I seeing as I am going to be Mother of the Groom in september and being a girl I did want to cast an eye on THE dress.
I have decided to base my outfit on the one worn very nicely by Kates Mum. Very understated but elegant in my opinion. Not sure about a hat yet as the last time I wore one I had more than a passing resemblance to Dick Emery.
Having dissed our Royals, I must admit to a soft spot for William and Harry and ofcourse Kate. They do seem more normal than some of the others and have regained the ability to show emotion to an extent. I also think that William and Kate have married for all the right reasons and I hope they have a long and happy life together.
Right now that`s out of the way I`d like to share my submission for this weeks OLW which is being hosted by Jennifer.
The title of the challenge is `Three of a Kind` and we are to make three cards using ONE image with different colours/ sentiments. Here are my cards,

I have used a stamp from the Laura Ashley Love Song Collection in Bahama Blue, Rose Bud and Heliotrope.
The sentiments are all by Flourishes.






 Here they are individually.

I was going to put ribbon along the tops once they had been posted but have changed my mind and I`m leaving them as they are.
I might even do some other colours and use them as a gift note set.

Since making these one`s I`ve had some other ideas so might be back later with another submission, time allowing.

























Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne, very pretty cards, love the pastel colours, enjoy your day off:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne . . .you've done a fab job for this challenge!

    I watched the Wedding for a couple of hours in between painting my kitchen!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pastel colours of your cards...really pretty

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely Lynne - very elegant. I thought Kate's mum looked lovely and no doubt there will now be lots of similar outfits in the shops for you to choose from. I can honestly say I've never been as stressed as I was when I was trying to buy an outfit for my daughter's wedding! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne

    I agree, Kate's Mum's outfit was beautiful. In fact they were a very "good looking" family all round.

    I am sure your choice of hat couldn't be as bad as some of the ones on display today. There were some very weird ones!!

    Your trio of cards are lovely. Beautiful colour choices.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply lovely cards!! Pretty flowers,and colors...great sentiments, as well...love the simplicity, very nice:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super set of cards - really like the colours you've used and very pretty stamp!

    Kate's mum looked very elegant - a very good look for Mum of the bride (or groom).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love a set of similar cards in different colours - and yours are beautifully made.

    You could do a lot worse than to model your outfit on Kate's mother's! She looked truly elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynne, I love this flower stamp...and I'm not sure I'd add the ribbon either. I love the simplicity (HA!) of these cards...and I love the different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful collection Lynne, love the CAS design and great colours on the crisp white card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. CAS and OLW cards at their absolute finest!

    Gorgeous set of cards!

    Fab job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW51!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.