About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 15 January 2011

Male Birthday card

Happy Saturday!

I hope you`re all enjoying the weekend. I`m trying to cram in as much as possible before returning to work on Monday :(

It will be my middle brothers 50th birthday on Monday so ofcourse that meant a card. Now you all know how much I struggle with male cards but quite a while ago I saw an Inkadinkado Stamp set called Delicate Branches which I think is perfect for masculine cards. Could I find it anywhere in the UK? No!
Then the other day I was tidying up my PC, y`know deleting stuff I didn`t use, uninstalling things that I didn`t want anymore just to make it work a bit faster. I decided while I was at it to go through my bookmarks ( I bookmark everything `just in case` ) when I came across a site called That`s Crafty. Thought I`d take a look and lo and behold, Delicate Branches. Naturally I ordered it, along with some other bits that took my fancy and it arrived in no time. Just in time for Bro`s card :)

So, without further ado, here is my card for today.
 
I used Papermainia Capsule Collection Green for the DP. I think it`s very masculine.
I added a border in dark green card, punched with a scallop punch.
The image, by Inkadinkado is stamped in Stazon black and matted onto some dark green card.
The sentiment is computer generated because I wanted to put Bro`s name on it.

I just know it won`t be long before I`m using this stamp set for more cards.




Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

7 comments:

  1. I love this Lynn; the stamp and papers are gorgeous! A lovely grown up man card, if you know what I mean! Some men just don't suit teddies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Lynne love it. thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, this is fabulous, and perfect for a male (as well as a female). The stamped image is stunning, and I love your elegant layout. Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card hunni and Thanks ever so much for the congrats message you left me, it means alot :o)
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sophisticated male card-great job. I'm going to try to remember this approach for my next male card.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very classy! Your clean lines and the awesome color on the white really make this baby pop! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.