About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Curtain Call Act # 47

Good Morning All!

Happy Wednesday, we`re halfway through the week now, roll on the weekend!!!

Stacey has set us an interesting colour combo this week at The Cutain Call Color Challenge 

Some quite dark colours along with muted tones. At first I thought of more masculine cards but then I realised that not all females like frills and ribbons so I`ve kept mine quite unisex.

The dark green DP is by Papermania capsule collection.
The dark brown DP is by Pink Petticoat  and I think it`s called Granny`s Wallpaper.
I`ve layered it onto some bisciut coloured card and punched a border along one edge. I have no Crumb Cake and this was the nearest I could find.
My stamp is Stampendous Agapanthus Cluster. I didn`t have any really dark green ink so I used a brush marker and the huff and puff technique and it`s worked really well.
I cut out my image with a circle nestie and placed it on a scalloped circle in the biscuit card.
I did the same (but smaller) with my sentiment which is by Flourishes.

All in all I`m rather pleased with the result considering I very nearly ran in the opposite direction when I saw the colours lol.

The painting of my kitchen / diner is coming on in leaps and bounds. I have to admit he`s doing a stirling job. Maybe I should leave all the decorating to DH in the future. Yeah, Right.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

8 comments:

  1. Wow! These are real Biba colours aren't they?! You've done a fantastic job - I love the mixture of patterns. PS Sir Alan phoned about the Crumb cake... but I wouldn't take his call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very precious....super card...have a fantastic day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Lynne :)
    These papers are wonderful.

    Sending you lots of smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the stamped image and the dp you chose. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Lynne, this is beautiful. Love your fab stamping, and the papers are gorgeous,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, elegant, love your style. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.