About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 18 July 2010

Friendship

Good Morning All!

I hope you`re all enjoying your Sunday whatever the weather. It can`t make it`s mind up here today. We`ve had rain but it seems to be brightening up a bit now. I just wish we could have our summer back but not with the heat we had last week.

Anyway, onto my card for today.

Just up the road from the home my mum is in is a smashing shop. The sort of old fashioned shop that sells anything and everything. They have a small craft department which is handy but they also have a haberdashery department. Every wednesday when I go to see Mum I pop in and browse through the ribbons. For a few pennys you can get a metre of ribbon and use it on any number of cards.
I bought the ribbon for this card ages ago simply because I loved the colour of it. I had no idea how I was going to use it, so its sat in my ribbon box  waiting for inspiration.
I tried matching it up with card stock and green papers but it wasn`t right at all.
Then I remembered my Papermania Regency pack.
The leaves on the patterned paper are a near perfect match for the ribbon and so I just had to go with it.
Once I started the whole thing just fell into place.
I used a white hammered card cut into a 5" x 5" square.
The patterned DP is matted onto some moss green card.
I cut a panel of green text DP from the regency collection and matted that onto some burgundy card.Then ran a strip of ribbon down the centre.
I stamped a beautiful verse by the poet Shelly from the Flourishes Gerbera Daisy set in cranberry and cut out using a nestie labels 4 die.
Then I just added a huge bow and some roses from the haberdashery dept to finish.

I haven`t made this card for anyone in particular but I`m sure it`ll come in handy.

I have a little piece of news for you. I might have a job pretty soon. Yippee!!! I`ve handed all my paperwork in and have to have an induction some time this week but I`ll let you know one way or another as soon as I find out myself. This means I (hopefully) will have some spare cash to spend on my ever expanding crafty wishlist. It also means ofcourse that I will have less time to spend crafting but you can`t have it all ways can you ? Anyway, as I said, I`ll keep you up to date with events.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

6 comments:

  1. Lynne, this is beautiful! I absolutely adore that background paper and those colors are super together! Your bow is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful card Lynne, that ribbon is so lush and looks very much like the Anna Griffin ribbon which is much more expensive!
    Good luck with the job - can't wait to find out about it.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, this card is gorgeous. The paper is so beautiful. The flowers are great. The ribbon and the bow are wonderful.
    Hugs, Irena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie this is gorgeous i love the paper and the flowers look fab, stunning bow :) big hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Lynne, everything works so well together, and of course I love you bow. Good luck with your job, enjoy the induction, just think of the extra dosh, lol.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunner of a card! I love its nostalgic feel. And what exciting news about a new job! Of course you'll have plenty of time for crafting... that's what midnight's for!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.