About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Friday 4 June 2010

Colour throwdown # 95

Happy Sunny Friday All!

It`s another beautiful day here in sunny Hull, got to make the most of it `cos I don`t think it`s going to last. We`ve got a few rainy days forecast but hopefully then summer will start properly :)

It`s been so hot up here in my loft that I have been a bit slow with my creativity this week. I did however manage to make a card for this weeks challenge at  Colour throwdown.
This is the swatch they gave us. Gorgeous bright summery colours. I was a bit unsure about the black though
so I only used a tiny bit. This is my card.

I`ve used my Docrafts Whispers Butterflies again, stamped onto acetate this time and heat embossed.
Here is a close up of one of the butterflies. 
The DP is by ShabbyPrincess and I`ve layered onto some sky blue card.
I`ve added a piece of bright pink ribbon and I`ve made up a flower with a mixture from my stash, then added a green gem brad to finish.
Some sky blue flat backed pearls to fill the corner  and a sentiment from Papertrey stamped in black.


I`m having a day out tomorrow. All the kids and grandkids are going to the local park for a charity family fun day and I`ll be there making sure they don`t get up to mischief ( ha ha).

Thanks for popping in, Lynne xxx 

8 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Lynne! Love what you did with these colors---those butterflies look like they could float off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind the weather - it's definitely summer on your card! Have fun tomorrow - your kids and grandkids are probably telling their friends that they'll be there making sure YOU don't get up to mischief...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation, stunning colours, gorgeous papers too, big hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely butterfly card...great in these colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those embossed butterflies!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is gorgeous, the butterflies are very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card, love the acetate butterflies. Hope you had a good day out. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.