About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Color Throwdown #98

Good Morning All!
And a happy tuesday to you all.
 
Todays card is for the Color Thrown #98 
challenge.This is the colour swatch we were given

And this is my take on it.


I seem to be stealing other peoples ideas alot just lately and for that I appologise ( a little) but don`t they say that initation is the best form of flattery lol.

I got the idea for the flower from Karen 
who found a tutorial HERE.
They are so easy to make and look so effective. If I can made them, anyone can. The only problem I had was that it calls for a scalloped edge circle which really should be a spellbinders set because of the different sizes. I only have a jumbo punch which is why my flower is quite large.
I am, however, working on some more that I have made slightly differently and I will post them later.

The DP is Pink Petticoat Dots in Olive which is the nearest I could get to Moss. I`ve used a Martha Stewart Doily punch along the bottom just to give it an edge.
Some Chocolate brown ribbon and a bow to even it out.
The sentiment is by Papertrey and cut out with Spellbinders Labels 4 die.
If you look carefully, there are 2 leaves poking out of the flower. I used an embossing border bar from the Glitter Girls to dry emboss in moss card and cut them out.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

7 comments:

  1. Lynne, this flower is gorgeous. Your card is very beautiful.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous your flower looks fab, they look so effective dont they, big hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Lynne, must have a go at this myself. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute, I like the flowers. Nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these flowers too and what a pretty colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Lynne .. the tutorial is fantastic isn't it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful and realistic Flower! Amazing card, I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.