About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Happy Wednesday to you all!

I`m a bit late coming on today as I`ve been to see Mum this morning. As you all know she is in the late stages of Alzheimers Disease. She has lost so much weight these past few months it is unbelieveable. Apparently it all to do with the illness but when it`s your Mum it`s very upsetting. Anyway I`ve been and she`s fine so I left her listening to the local radio station.


It will be my eldest grandaughters 14th birthday in April and I wanted to make her card a bit different this time. Fourteen is one of those funny ages when you`re not a kid anymore but not quite grown up either, I always think. She`s a very girlie girl and loves her pinks so I thought I`d do something a bit funky and retro for a change but still frilly and girlie.

The DP is Dovecraft retro florals.
I cut 2 borders with the spellbinders Borderbilities
classic lace border die in bright pink pearl card.
I added a ribbon and bow (ofcourse) in matching pink and a flower from Prima.
The sentiment is computer generated because I don`t have a stamp and is cut out with a nesties labels 4 die.

Thanks for looking...Lynne xxx

6 comments:

  1. Love the gorgeous colours on this one fab papers and look at that lush ribbon, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card. Thought you had been a bit quiet and popped over to see, for some reason you are not showing up in my google reader!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card for your grandaughter Lynne, love the choice of colours and that border die is amazing.
    So sorry to hear about your mum Lynne, am thinking of you,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afernoon Lynne, what a truly fabulous card hunny, i love allthe cards below too, just stunning. I am so sorry to hear about your mum, its a nasty condition. Hope you enjoy your day tomorrow hunny, happy mothering sunday, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Sorry to learn of your Mum's illness Lynne, thinking of you and your family, it's a toughie. Beautiful card, love the ribbon can never seem to get it like yours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have ordered a bow maker now and I'll wait and see if my bows are as good as yours, lol.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.