About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday 31 December 2009

I`m back!

I`ll start by appologising for being AWOL for so long. I picked up a nasty virus from somewhere ( my Dad I think lol) and although I was only poorly for a few days, it really knocked me for six and took ages to properly get over it. What with the run up to Christmas and everything I didn`t get a lot of time for crafting. Anyway excuses over I`m here now.

I want to wish every one of you a very happy and prosperous New Year and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

My first card is for my son`s girlfriends birthday which was on wednesday. The stamp is the one I have been raving about  from Flourishes and couldn`t wait to start playing with over Christmas. This is Gerbera Daisy and it`s great because you are not limited to colours. Sons GF is Rachel and she loves bright colours so I coloured this one in Bright Yellow marker. The background paper is from Papermania and I thought the blue contrasted nicely. I a;so got a Martha Stewart  punch from my daughter so I used that along the top. Some flat backed pearls ( ofcourse) to finish off.
The second card is for my daughters friend Karen. It was also her birthday on wednesday and I used the same stamp but this time coloured in bright lilac.
The background paper is Papermania again.  I`ve had this pad of papers for ages and keep forgetting to use them, they are so versatile and come in a good range of colours too. Once again some flat backed pearls to finish off.
Right I`m off to play with my other new stamp now and I promise not to leave it so long this time.
Thanks for popping by .........Lynne xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thought you'd given up crafting, lol. Happy New Year to you and yours. Lovely cards for your comeback. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful cards Lynne, love the colours of both of them. So sorry to hear you've been unwell, sounds similar to what I've had.
    Hope 2010 is a very happy and healthy year for you,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.